June 04, 2008

Birthday Wishes

OK I'm not going to post pictures of me growing up. That would take too long. Especially since I would first have to obtain them from my parents.  First they'd have to find them. Then they would have to scan them in the computer and knowing them, they would post them on myfamily.com after touching them all up and then they would send them to me when they would get around to it. So I'll just wait until they do it on their own, or not and I will then inherit them. Anyway, today I had lots of wishes come true. First of all, I have been pretty sick the last few days. This morning I felt well enough to attempt work. Well, while there I kept wishing I could go home because I wasn't feeling well and my boss could tell, so he told me to go home early on him since it was my birthday and I must have looked pathetic. (Especially when he took us to Macaroni Grill for lunch and I couldn't eat much). Then I started driving home, where the storm hadn't started in Woodbridge yet, but was in full force in Manassas. Andrea being the good friend she is, advised me to stop somewhere. But, it was coming my way anyway and I just wanted to get home. So, I wished I would make it home, and I did as it ended. The worst part was on the Parkway, but it was fine, just drive slow with everyone else and turn on your flashers. Then later, Andrea answered my wish for help with my blog. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Andrea for the bloggercoutoure gift. I love it. I'm trying to fix my blog up now, so they have something to work with. Have to pull some things together picturewise too. I don't have any of Chris and myself recently though.  The last wish,  I really wanted Scouts to be cancelled tonight because it was Court of Honor and I felt like I needed to go since Brandon was earning his Life Award. I really was not feeling well. Felt like I needed to be close to the bathroom again. And guess what!! Scouts was cancelled due to power outages!!! Yeah!!! So, I stayed home in bed, relaxing, fixing my blog and drinking my Sprite from McDonald's (because I needed to feed my kids and couldn't think of food, so Kyle drove and I sat in the passenger seat) So there you have it my birthday wishes. How exciting is that?
 Oh, I almost forgot. One more wish. My room has been so hot lately. The fan has been on, I kept waking up in the middle of the night HOT. I tried turning the AC higher, but would just get colder everywhere else, so turned it back. Kyle was hanging out with me tonight and thought it was strange that my thermostat was reading 89 degrees in my room with the fan on and the AC on, so things clicked in his head that the fan was going the wrong direction. So he flipped the switch, and it started snowing in my room. MIRACULOUS!! Oh wait, that was not snow it was dust bunnies flying off the fan. GROSS!! But, the fan now goes faster too AND it is down to 76 in here now. Much better!! Thank you Kyle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry to hear you are sick! Okay KYLE IS DRIVING!!!! NO WAY!

Denise said...

So great that it really is the simple things in life that make it all worthwhile!

Happy Birthday!

Andrea said...

Glad all your dreams came true...

You need a countdown for Ryan!