So while Chris has been gone this time, I've been busy with his paintings that he's been wanting to get framed. I finally took them to get them framed at Michael's and their 60% off custom framing. First I did the bird in the previous post. Then I took his portrait that his brother painted to get it framed and his grandfather's painting of cowboys too. I will admit I was not a fan of the cowboys. I had no clue where we would be able to hang it. However, once we (Linda Warner helped me pick the mats and frame) got it framed it looks totally awesome. Now it is hanging in my family room, and it looks great. I had a hard time finding a place for Chris's portrait that would be seen well. Our problem was we didn't really have anymore walls big enough, or they were too big. I decided to put it in the dining room. Figured if I hung a mirror on the other wall it could be seen from the kitchen. Was hoping it would from the front door too, but wrong angle I guess. Hope he likes it when he gets home. Just over one month now. What do you think?
October 12, 2009
Family Art
So while Chris has been gone this time, I've been busy with his paintings that he's been wanting to get framed. I finally took them to get them framed at Michael's and their 60% off custom framing. First I did the bird in the previous post. Then I took his portrait that his brother painted to get it framed and his grandfather's painting of cowboys too. I will admit I was not a fan of the cowboys. I had no clue where we would be able to hang it. However, once we (Linda Warner helped me pick the mats and frame) got it framed it looks totally awesome. Now it is hanging in my family room, and it looks great. I had a hard time finding a place for Chris's portrait that would be seen well. Our problem was we didn't really have anymore walls big enough, or they were too big. I decided to put it in the dining room. Figured if I hung a mirror on the other wall it could be seen from the kitchen. Was hoping it would from the front door too, but wrong angle I guess. Hope he likes it when he gets home. Just over one month now. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Everything looks great. I could not have asked for more or gotten better. I will count that like a birthday present (one of if not the best ever).
Awww...Chris's comment is so sweet!
It all looks great. If I get over my bug, I'll see it live tonight.
Post a Comment