April 29, 2008

Ryan's Letter 4/29/08

Well family things in the beautiful city of Nottingham are fantastic. We projected a lady last Saturday for baptism. So she will be getting baptized next week. She is so good, so much desire to know and learn about the Book of Mormon, she knows it is true. Her name is Susan. Other than that things in our won area are kind of slow.
But I have really started taking to my new calling. I never realized how crazy and hard a life as a zone leader was. I definitely have very recent felt the burden that weighs on any person with such great responsibility. I just need to move quicker, I feel almost as if I am dragging behind and not getting up to speed as fast as I should be. So that is an absolute huge focus of mine this week. I love this work and all, but I never imagined this side of the work. I guess its just something that can't really just be explained, thank goodness I have a good companion that can really show me how its done, I have been playing following the leader, but unfortunatley I am not in a postition where I should just be following him so much. I am really good at doing my own things sometimes and when it comes to a one on one basis, but when it is just thinking and pondering how to handle a whole zone I feel like I struggle. I need to rely upon God more. I know that God did not call me because of the skills I had or have, but who I CAN become. And I know that whom the Lord calls the Lord qualifies. So that wil be a huge focus of mine this week! but it sure has been an adventure. I hope to improve quicker so that no one is affected by my "newness" for lack of a better word. But don't get me wrong I love it and I think I can fill the shoes, I love even more the great oppurtunity I have to serve other missionaries 100 % of the time. And while doing that I am serving God. It is just new and different. Well so today we are playing football, so we can prepare for mission football in two weeks. So I guess it is drawing nigh to call home again, and for pretty much the last time until right before coming home. But i don't count Christmas. Well I dont think I will need a phone card they aren't very expensive here. And I will try and sort a good time to call. So hopefully everything will work out fine. It should! Well how are things back home, everyone ok! oh and dad you'll never believe it. I know how to drive a manual. Did I tell you thats all we drive here! I think its cool. I have leanrned in the past week! Well I love you all and thanks for the good stories. Cool Passover story, and Mom thanks for keeping the picture updated, I will write Brandon his birthday letter today! Hopefully. I actually won't be in my home today I am on exchanges with several missionaries the next couple of days. It will be crazy! Love ya, Elder Ryan Lee

No comments: