March 27, 2008

Frustrations-You can skip this one, I'm just complaining.

DISCLOSURE- Below is me complaining. Be warned that this is all it is. So only read on if you really want to.

So, I was talking to someone about blogs tonight, and they mentioned they use it as a release. Well, I guess I need a release. First of all I want to thank Marlene for letting me help her prepare for the wedding reception tomorrow night by assigning me cutting vegetables. I'm sure she had no idea I would need that. I was able to take out some frustration on the vegetables which was good. But, I'm still worked up so hoping if I write it down I'll feel better. I'm frustrated with the men who actually think a teenage boy is actually going to tell his mom what's going on. Apparently there is a campout tomorrow night that I just found out about last night and that was because it was brought up in casual conversation last night with some of the people in charge of the shooting thing on Saturday (which I did know about), they mentioned the boys were camping the night before. SURPRISE!! So, Brandon tells me he needs to bring all of his meals. OK I'm fine with that. So, today I asked Kyle about food and he tells me not only does he have to bring food for him, but for everyone else in his troup. HELLO!!!! Shouldn't someone else be telling me these things, or at least making sure I'm aware of this???? I've complained about this already, but I feel like it might get brought up at a meeting, but sure that will be all that happens and not necessarily his fault. But, I have complained about this before to the boys leaders and nothing was resolved from it then. Heard this campout was announced in priesthood. Oops, I missed that one. So, the one thing I'm asking is they put their announcements (especially ones that affect the parents) in the bulletin. Is that too much to ask??
Anyway, after talking to this person about it, thought I was over it. Until I came home from a fun baby shower and found nothing that I had asked to be done before I left was done. Absolutely nothing. In fact it was worse than when I left. This has been happening quite a bit lately, and this time I snapped. Yes I snapped. I started yelling at my poor children. Not only yelling, but saying things I shouldn't be saying because I feel like this is the only way they might listen to what I'm saying, because they would actually know I'm mad. So, after I got my yelling out, I started chopping vegetables. Didn't take me very long at all. Probably faster than it should have. Well, at least it's done. And I will get a break from my kids tomorrow night and Saturday. I think I need it. Just wish they would actually do their chores before they leave like I asked. Kyle did step up after I got mad and helped out. Brandon did what he had to, then went to bed. Typical. Thanks for letting me gripe. I'll be past this by tomorrow morning now.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hope you're doing better today! All you need is some fun boogeying on the dance floor tonight to help you fell better!